Metanoia: Who are we?
Metanoia is an established leader in asset-based community development in the Charleston region. We pursue an innovative model for helping communities that work to discover and grow the assets of distressed neighborhoods so that community health is restored from the inside-out. We support a movement that champions thriving schools and businesses, enhancing core economic and social sustainability.
Why work for Metanoia?
Metanoia arrives at strong community participation by obeying the ‘Iron Rule’ of community organizing – to never do for people what they can do for themselves. And by always requiring an exchange for any opportunities we present to the community. For example, our after-school programs are not free to parents but charge four hours-worth of community participation a month. By creating systems of exchange, we create a sense of pride and ownership that local residents feel toward Metanoia. The highest compliment that is paid to us is when residents refer to Metanoia as “us” or “we” rather than “them.” To learn more about our organization please visit our website at pushingfoward.org.
We have a Full-time Administrative Specialist position available and we are looking for a candidate who wants to join our fantastic team, located in the North Charleston area.
The Administrative Specialist will oversee the general administrative functions and activities of the business office and provide support across the organization.
1. Efficient operations within the business office.
a) Provides clerical support when needed to assist staff with assigned administrative duties such as answering phones, sorting and distributing mail, and preparing documents.
b) Performs or facilitates maintenance of office equipment.
c) Coordinates and schedules travel, meetings, and appointments.
d) Communicates and provides support to board members.
e) Records and distributes minutes or other records for meetings.
f) Maintains inventory of office supplies.
g) Maintains vendor documentation and vendor relations.
2. Provides support to the Accounting department
a) Assists with Accounts payable.
b) Distributes daily deposits
c) Assists with employee credit card record keeping.
d) Maintains office files; implements an efficient system for other staff to access files and records.
3. Provides support to the Housing Department
a) Assists with documentation.
b) Assists homeowners with applications.
4. Provides support to the Metanoia Leadership Academy (MYLA)
5. Perform other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates degree preferred
• At least three years of administrative and clerical experience required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as recordkeeping and filing.
• Ability to work independently
• Accounts payable knowledge a plus
• Ability to work unsupervised and to lead others.
• Have a passion for Inclusion and serving others.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift 15 pounds.
• Metanoia offers a competitive benefits package, including health, dental, life and long-term disability insurance.
• 13 Paid Holidays
• 3 Weeks PTO (prorated based on date of hire)
Salary Range: $35,000 – $40,000
Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm
Employment type: Full-time Exempt
Applications will remain open until a qualified candidate is hired. Interested applicants are encouraged to send the following in ONE PDF ATTACHMENT:
• Cover letter
Please forward the required documents to:
Reference: Administrative Specialist Position
Only qualified candidates will be selected for the interview process.